Sunday 7 October 2012

Imats Sydney 2012 Haul Part 1



DID I CATCH YOUR ATTENTION?!?!?!? LOL

I had a sort of plan when at IMATS to just ensure I got a really good mix of products and to try and avoid things that were easily accessible to me on a regular basis, I think I did quite well in sticking to that because (other than the MAC) I really don't have anything from the other brands.

Please note: I haven't tried these products yet so if you are interested in reviews I would go over to Makeup Alley, If anything catches your eye do ask and I will try to use it first and get back to you :)



First up my LA Splash goodies, I purchased 3 Nail Glitters and 1 eyeshadow glitter.
I think they were all between $5-$7.00.

I started gazing at this stall because I was on the hunt for a black glitter for eyes, I'm really not a loose glitter kinda gal but something about black intrigued me. As you can see this glitter is not black however it is an amazing gun metal shade so I was automatically drawn to it.... I then saw these nail glitters and instantly fell in love, unfortunately these were the only colours available (apart from a green) but the lovely ladies instructed me  to go online as there were plenty more colours available so that I will do :) I plan on mixing these into my acrylic.



Next up, my haul from Gorgeous Cosmetics. Hub Makeup were selling these products and the girls there were so lovely and full of energy :) The Lipsticks were approx $15 each which, my understanding is a great price! The Eyeshadow pallet was $50 (or $55?!?!). I was oohing and aahing about this one but the ladies mentioned that I could use these as blush and I was sold :) they will make beautiful blush colours :)


Here we have 2 pigment stacks from Naked Cosmetics, the deal they had was 1 for $30 or 2 for $25, they also had another deal on 7 or so..... Considering one stack is $60 on their website, I think I did quite well :) I'm not usually a pigment kinda gal however TotalMakeupJunkie from YT raves about these so I decided to try them out....


I purchased these 5 OCC Lip Tars (from who.... I can't remember?) They had a bowl full of random colours for $10 of which none interested me, however these were $15 each.


From PM Studio, I purchased these 2 items, I must say they were flat out so I didn't purchase as much as I would of liked as I couldn't really get any assistance. The Smash Eyeshadow was $10 for a single and $15 for trio's. The MUFE aqua cream price I cannot remember but was discounted. The MUFE aqua lip stains were amazing also however I am attending Media Makeup next year so did not want to purchase too much as I may get items in my kit, I honestly couldn't get the swatch of my hand for a day. I have never seen anything stain like that, worth a look!



I then almost fainted when I saw Rae Morris herself!!!!! she was incredibly lovely and really down to earth (not to mention a STUNNER!!!) so I decided to try a brush out, I won't like they are on the higher priced end however I have heard rave reviews so I will start with this one and see how I like it.



Last  but not least, to the left although Ben Nye weren't selling they had this sample they were handing out, I think it is a loose dust, I also purchased the Naked Cosmetics Mattifying powder and FINALLY found a black eye glitter.
To the right a Ben Nye liquid set for pigments and glitters and the cute little Girlie Cosmetics Lip palette, all beautiful colours. Dan Nye (I believe his name is) was also at Imats.

The one show I did watch 1/2 of which was amazing was the MAC Pro show in which I was extremely Impressed with (No one does makeup like MAC!!!!!!!!!!!) I did want to purchase some of the items but MAC were sold out of most things by the time I went there. They had 20% off and if you had your Pro Card you could use that also so Mac was 50% off for some.

Keep watching for Hakuhodo brushes next up.

XO Pemily.






No comments:

Post a Comment